Make sure your eyes look like a pro, not a panda!
Seductive, striking and utterly sexy, false eyelashes are a beauty must. They are no longer something to be saved for a special occasions but are an accessory that should be worn everyday to create drama and boost your confidence. They really can transform any girl into a glamour puss. Celebrity make-up artist Poole says: ‘Lashes are attention grabbing and really do make a statement, one that’s A’List all the way.’ Inspired by pop divas Cheryl Cole, Rihanna and Jessie J she has recently launched her own brand of easy to apply professional lashes called Eye Candy which come in a range of red carpet designs including crisscross, graduated and natural look lashes to suit your mood.
Choosing them and where you’re going to wear them the easy part but when it comes to applying them, things get a bit more complicated – or at least that’s what puts a lot of people off. The trick is to practise a couple of times to perfect your technique and then you’ll be ready for an instant transformation anytime, anyplace and anywhere!
Ariane Poole’s guide for how to apply false lashes
1. Remove gently out lashes out of the packet - they are very delicate! Measure them against your eye as one size does not fit all (they are often too long, so in this case snip off the end).
2. Twirl the lashes around a pencil or something similar to break the spine if you don’t do this they can ping off (this step is very important!)
3. Put a small amount of glue on the spine of the lashes and wait a couple of seconds for the glue to go tacky.
4. Looking down your nose, directly into a mirror, place lashes on the outer edge of your eye and press down over the top edge of your lashes. The key part of this step is to use a damp cotton bud. This helps you re-position the lashes if you make a mistake and you can also push down right into the base of the eye.
5. You can leave as they are or now apply your eyeshadow. Voila the perfect lashes in five simple steps!
The new eye CANDY® designs are available from Bodycare stores, Gordons Chemists, Just Beautifully, Amazon, good independent chemists and selected Boots